Here’s the video for the Rig a Jig Jig arrangement, with a rhythmic feature (as written below) in the A section in the chords the second time round.
Here is a video of the Dory Boat arrangement from Monday 20th September:
This used a D/A drone under the tune the first time through and the printed chords the second time, with the following riff throughout:
Classes will be returning to the West London Trade Union Club from September 20th 2021. Doors will open at 7:15 for 7:30, as before, running to 9:15 with a short break at 8:15. The price has gone up to £10 per session, with a small discount for those paying yearly or termly. In this coming Autumn term, there will be a focus on musicianship, arrangement and ensemble skills using repertoire from last year’s online sessions. The tunes for Monday 20th September will be Dory Boat and Rig a Jig Jig. Finally, we have the following guidelines in place, for the safety of all:
1. Please don’t come to class if you’re feeling unwell. Symptoms of the Delta variant can be quite different from the classic Covid symptoms, so do check the NHS website even if you feel sure that you know what they are.
2. If you’re able to, take a lateral flow test on a Monday. These are free from pharmacies or can be ordered online – this is voluntary, not mandatory, and you don’t need to report your results to me, though do report them on the NHS website.
3. Please wash your hands on arrival.
4. I will clean surfaces when I arrive, including door handles, chairs and light switches.
5. Windows will be open for ventilation, so you might want to bring a jumper!
6. Although the requirement to socially distance has been removed, it makes sense to continue giving each other space. I will look at the way the chairs are arranged to optimize the space.
7. I’ll check whether the WLTUC has a QR code that we can use to check in.
8. Finally, if you feel that you’d personally like to take further measures, such as wearing a mask, please do. It’s important that we all feel safe, and if there are any aspects of class you’re not comfortable with, please speak to me and I’ll do my best to accommodate your needs.